Monday, July 11, 2005

Boys, Lists, Music

Hi

So, my friend Stephen has found my site already. Godammit, godammit, godammit. It’s my own silly fault though really. I’m allowed to link to his site, but he’s not allowed to link to mine. He promised on all that he holds good and holy that he would not read another word of my blog. He didn’t really. He said: I don’t read blogs. My translation from boy-language is: I won’t read your blog, mostly cos I’ll find it boring as hell. Boys are real understated. That’s what I like about them. Girls are all drama-drama. It gets tiring. Especially when you are one, sheesh.

I’ve been stressing today. I had to go and have a word with myself. (Have a word with yourself Pat!)

I feel like I’ve got a million things to do and its stunning me like a rabbit in the headlights. A list is called for I believe. I love lists. It’s a new love affair, but one that I am finding very rewarding.

Number one on my list is: pack! Cos I haven’t started yet. I’ve done some superficial packing, but that doesn’t really count. So I feel like I have shitloads to do, just cos I have shitloads of packing to do.

So it’s a short list. Good.

The other night when I was drunk I called Matt on the way home. He said he was working but he talks a lot so we chatted away until I got home and sat on my doorstep and chatted some more. He said, “Its like I’ve walked you home.” Which is sweet. He’s quite a sweetie.

As usual I was ranting about how boys suck and I never get any. I must stop doing that. It’s very boring. Plus, it doesn’t help at all. But I’ll let myself off as I’d just seen the boy who ignored me and was therefore feeling frustrated, confused, rejected, disappointed, angry, sick of the bullshit, and horny.

Hmmm. Dunno why I’m attracted to him. It’s real weird. I never found him attractive at all until one night when I just couldn’t stop looking at him. I left the pub we were drinking at to go meet a friend and I couldn’t stop thinking about him. So I texted him: Dunno why but I really wanna sleep with you tonight. He was there in 10 minutes flat. We tossed a coin to decide whose house to stay at.

That’s enough of that story. Stephen might be reading and he knows him and he’ll get all grossed out and give me shit about it the next time I see him. Mind you, he gives me shit all the time so I guess it doesn’t really matter.

Just spoke to Matt and asked if he wanted me to link to him on the web. He said “Only if you don’t say any weird stuff about me.” Do you reckon what I said was too weird? It’s hard to find a good link for Matt. There’s this but its old shit from 2001. And there’s this Cortina site but its unoffical and Matt doesn’t want anyone emailing him.

He invited me over for a “coffee” tonight – it doesn't mean what you probably think it does. I keep meaning to visit him but I never do. I must pack tonight.

Tired now.

Laters.


Music du jour:
Real Gone – Tom Waits : Tom waits for no one.

America’s Sweetheart – Courtney Love : I know, I know, everyone hates this record. Everyone hates it and no ones even heard it, they just know its crap already. And yes, I did buy it from the Warewhare for $5.99 or something, and when I first heard this album I thought it was all predictable guitar with predictable lyrics and predictable one chord endings. Then I noticed the Fleetwood Mac-iness of it. Then it grew on me. And grew.

It has gorgeous prettiness as lovely as “Best Sunday Dress” or “Malibu”. And some rockin pieces as raw as “Live Through This” or “She Walks Over Me”. I love this album. To me the song that got dissed as sounding like Courtney getting an arse wax, “Life Despite God”, is glorious in its Patti Smith-ness and probably my favourite.

And really, how great is it to start an album with a song that asks “Did you miss me?”. Hell yeah.

No comments: