Thursday, July 07, 2005

Day #1

Hi

I’ve been meaning to start an online diary for a while. My last attempt was at Diaryland and it was a complete failure.

I love journals. I love keeping them and reading them. Big fan of Anais Nin. And huge fan of Nikol Lohr.



Plus, there’s another journally thing I do, but I’ll tell ya later.

So, here I am procrastinating at work - which is kinda bad except that it is after hours and I’m sposed to be finishing off something with a deadline of tomorrow – actually, that’s worse. Anyhoo, here I am and wondering who I am talking to, who my audience is. Anne Frank had Kitty and she is pretty rad as far as audiences go, but I like stuff I make with no audience in mind. I just make stuff to see how it’ll turn out. So I guess that’s what I’ll do here.

At lunch time today I walked downtown and opened up a joint bank account with Hilly. They did a credit check on me and I am as pure as the driven snow. Luverly. On the way back I saw Elisa and we discovered that you can call someone a spoon in English as well as Italian. Crocodile tears is another saying in both languages. Inneresting.

I haven’t really had anything on my mind today. No stress. No obsessions. But I also haven’t been fully engaged in the moment. Feeling a little vague and unable to focus on anything in particular.

Got wasted with Michaela the other night and we lay on my bed and made a list. It was Independence Day so we made a list called “What I need to be independent”. Number 1 was: Always be rock n’ roll. Number 2 was: Achieve financial independence. Can’t remember the rest.

Michaela is always rock n’ roll, even when she isn’t. But I decided I needed to re-word it. I was thinking “I love every moment of my life”, or variations of such depending on my levels of bravery, love, etc. I’ve been saying this a bit lately (internally) and its been working quite a treat. I alternate it with “I enjoy every moment of my life” but love is better than enjoy for the bits that aren’t enjoyable, cos they are still loveable. Anyhoo, it helps me stay in the moment. And it helps me feel good. So two ticks! And a gold star.

I am a bit of a new-age-hippy-witch-Taoist-whatever, so you’ll just have to deal with it. You can get it or not, whatever.

I could give you some juicy sex details, but its been a while. Last time I had sex it was me remembering having sex while I had a wank. But sex is one of my favourite things, so I’m sure to share later on. If I get lucky that is.


Laters.

No comments: