Monday, August 22, 2005

Dizzy

Hi

How’s it all going?

I’m feeling a bit sick. Blah.

I had a zero-social life weekend, but did achieve stuff. I shot a black & white film, developed it and did a contact sheet. I put in a cat door which was pretty exciting cos it was the first time I’ve used a jigsaw. Made roast sweet potato and rosemary chicken. Very fucking delish. Had it with a nice pinot gris. D is exceeding pleased that I am improving my culinary skills and she gets to try it all. She asked “Why are you single?” Established phase 2 of D’s career plan for me. Danced around the house singing loudly and, according to Miko, badly. Had my last little smoke while watching the Nirvana dvd “with the lights out”. Did some maintenance, schoolwork, paperwork, all that sorta stuff. Oh and I did something too geeky to mention. I’m quite happy when I am being a geek.

I felt dizzy all weekend and I had a few nightmares, one of which reminded me of the time I spent at a pedophile’s house. That sounds a lot worse than it was, although it was rather yukky.

Hil is currently in the jungle in Malaysia or somewhere like that. Sounds fucking awesome.

I wanna go to China.

I’m off to watch Futurama – you should too. Laughing is good for you.

Laters.

Music of late:

Grace Jones: Island Life – I’m getting tired of looking, wasting all my cooking.

David Bowie: Scary Monsters – when I was a kid I had a little replica of this album with a bubblegum record inside. When I finally ate the record it was all floury and crap.

Queens of the Stone Age: Lullabies to Paralyze

Eagles of Death Metal: Peace Love Death Metal

Peaches: The Teaches of Peaches

Patti Smith: Trampin

Sonic Youth: Dirty
– I’ve been around the world a million times and all you men are slime.

Neil Young: Harvest – my stepfather used to always sing “Old man lying in the road with his guts hanging out of his stomach.”

Neil Young: Rust Never Sleeps

Kim Carnes: Mistaken Identity
– I was trying to identify why I like this album. I decided its cos it reminds me of my mother, drunk and playing air-guitar – which is never a bad thing. In fact it’s a fucking hilarious thing.

No comments: